What are cookies?
What is the purpose of these cookies?
Do cookies know who I am?
No. A cookie does not record your name, address, age or other personal details. They only remember your preferences and interest(s) from your surfing behaviour.
Functional and non-functional cookies
There are functional and non-functional cookies. Functional cookies are needed for the website to work properly or to make sure that the desired information is shown quickly and accurately each time you visit our website. For example, you do not have to enter your details, mention your preferences or change your settings again upon your next visit. Non-functional cookies tell us about the number of visitors to the website and how these visitors use the site. We can use this information to improve the website. These files automatically disappear as soon as you close your internet browser or stay saved on your computer for up to 12 months after your last visit.
Functional cookies have uses including:
- remembering your login details
- guaranteeing the security of your login details
- guaranteeing the uniformity of the appearance of the website
Non-functional (analysis) cookies have uses including:
- counting the numbers of visitors to the website
- recording how visitors use the website
- improving the performance of the website
- improving your user experience on the website
You can find more information about cookies and cookie law at www.youronlinechoices.com.